2. Information You Provide to Us. We collect your information in a variety of ways when you interact with the Services. We collect information about you when you create an account and use the Services and we do so in order to deliver the Services to you, to help improve your experience, and to support our business functions. More information about the categories and sources of information is provided below.
2.1 Information You Provided to Us. We collect information that you decide to share with us. At times, we may require you to provide certain information in order to use certain parts of our Services, fulfill your requests, or provide you with certain Services.
2.1.1 Account Information. If you establish an account with us, we may require you to provide your name, email address, phone number, a password and information you disclose in your user profile and your photograph.
2.1.2 Content. We collect and store content that you post, send, receive and share through the Services.
2.3 Contacting Us. You may interact with us through our Services, including through an online contact form, email, or any other communication mechanism. When using these channels, you typically provide your account information and any other information you choose to provide to us at your option.
3. Information We Obtain from Others.
3.1 Company Provided Information. Employers or account holders may provide us with Personal Data about you and your permissions to use the Services that they purchase for use by their employees. For example, we will get contact information from company account administrators for designating authorized users of our Services.
4. Information We Automatically Collect.
4.1 Log Information. We log usage data when you visit or otherwise use our Services, including our sites, app and platform technology, such as when you view or click on content (e.g., learning video) or ads (on or off our sites and apps), or perform a search, install or update one of our mobile apps. We use log-ins, cookies, device information and internet protocol (“IP”) addresses to identify you and log your use.
4.2 Device and Location. When you visit or leave our Services (including some plugins and our cookies or similar technology on the sites of others), we receive the URL of both the site you came from and the one you go to and the time of your visit. We also get information about your network and device (e.g., IP address, proxy server, operating system, web browser and add-ons, device identifier and features, cookie IDs and/or Internet Service Provider, or your mobile carrier). If you use our Services from a mobile device, that device will send us data about your location based on your phone settings. We will ask you to opt-in before we use GPS or other tools to identify your precise location.
4.3 Crash and Error Information. If the Services crash or return an error, we may collect data to determine the cause of the error using first- or third-party services. The crash or error information collected may include the following: Device IP address, device name, operating system version, application configurations(s), the time and date, and other statistics.
4.5 Pixel Tags. In addition, we use “pixel tags” (also referred to as clear gifs, web beacons, or web bugs). Pixel tags are tiny graphic images with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, that are used to track online movements of web users. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a computer’s hard drive or web browser, pixel tags are embedded invisibly in web pages. Pixel tags are often used in combination with cookies, trigger the placing of cookies, and transmit information to us or our service providers. This enables two websites to share information. The resulting connection can include information such as a device’s IP address, the time a person viewed the pixel, an identifier associated with the browser or device, the type of browser being used and the URL of the web page from which the pixel was viewed. Pixel tags also allow us to send email messages in a format that users can read, tell us whether emails have been opened, and help to ensure we are sending only messages that may be of interest to our users.
5. How We Use Your Information.
(i) To provide the information, products, and services you request;
(ii) To provide you, if you have an active account, with effective customer service;
(iii) To provide you with a personalized experience when you use our Services;
(iv) To contact you with special offers, promotions, and other information we believe will be of interest to you (in accordance with any privacy preferences you have expressed to us);
(v) To contact you with information and notices related to your use of the Services;
(vi) To invite you to participate in surveys and provide feedback to us (in accordance with any privacy preferences you have expressed to us);
(vii) To better understand your needs and interests;
(viii) To improve our products and services and develop new products and services;
(ix) To improve our marketing and promotional efforts;
(x) To improve the content, functionality, and usability of the Services;
(xi) To enforce our policies or other agreements;
(xii) To promote security; to protect against and prevent fraud, claims, and other liabilities;
(xiii) To use for any other purpose for which we provide notice at the time of collection; and
(xiv) To comply with legal obligations and legal process and to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you, or other third parties.
(b) In an effort to understand and serve our users better, we may conduct research on our customer demographics, interests, and behaviors using aggregated and/or de-identified information collected through the Services and from other sources so that such information can no longer be linked to you or your device (“Aggregate/De-Identified Information”).
6. How We Share and Disclose Information.
6.1 Service Providers and Third-Parties. We do not sell or otherwise disclose Personal Data we collect about you, except as described herein or otherwise disclosed to you at the time the data is collected. We may share your Personal Data with third-party vendors that perform tasks on our behalf and under our instruction. These third-party vendors may use your Personal Data only in connection with the services they perform on our behalf, and they are bound to protect your Personal Data in a manner consistent with our own policies and practices. In addition, you may choose to use certain features on our website for which we partner with other entities. These features are operated by third parties that are not affiliated with us. These third parties may use your Personal Data in accordance with their own privacy policies. On the parts of the Services on which these features are offered, the relevant third parties are identified. We strongly suggest you review the third parties’ privacy policies if you use the relevant features.
6.2 Interactive Areas. On our Services, you may have an opportunity to post user-generated content such as when you message another user of the Services or post a review about a Supplier. If you take advantage of this opportunity, remember that the user-generated content you post is available to others users of the Services and therefore you should have no expectation of privacy with respect to such content.
6.3 Aggregate/De-Identified Data. From time to time, we may share Aggregate/De-Identified Information about use of the Services, such as by publishing a report on usage trends. The sharing of such data is unrestricted.
6.4 Legal Reasons. We may also disclose your Personal Data when we, in good faith, believe disclosure is appropriate to comply with the law, a court order, or a subpoena. We may also disclose your Personal Data to prevent or investigate a possible crime, such as fraud or identity theft, to protect the security of our Services, to enforce or apply our policies or other agreements, or to protect our own rights or property or the rights, property or safety of our users or others. We will attempt to notify our users about legal demands for their Personal Data when appropriate in our judgment unless prohibited by law or court order or when the request is an emergency. We may dispute such demands when we believe, in our discretion, that the requests are overbroad, vague, or lack proper authority.
6.5 Sale, Merger, or Other Business Transfer. As we continue to develop our business, we may buy, merge, or partner with other companies. In such transactions (including in contemplation of such transactions), Personal Data may be among the transferred assets. If a portion or all of our assets are sold or transferred to a third-party, your Personal Data would likely be one of the transferred business assets. If such transfer is subject to additional mandatory restrictions under applicable laws, we will comply with such restrictions.
7. Your Choices.
(b) Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually set your browser to remove or reject cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
(d) In certain circumstances providing Personal Data is optional. However, if you choose not to provide Personal Data that is needed to use some features of our Services, you may be unable to use those features. We will tell you what Personal Data that you must provide in order to receive the Services.
(e) Some browsers offer a “do not track” (“DNT”) option. Since no common industry or legal standard for DNT has been adopted by industry groups, technology companies, or regulators, we do not respond to DNT signals. We will make efforts to continue to monitor developments around DNT browser technology and the implementation of a standard.
8. Retention of Personal Data. We will retain Personal Data required to comply with privacy requests, to manage active accounts, as required by law, in order to resolve disputes, or to enforce our agreements. We will retain the Personal Data we process on behalf of our users as directed by them. We may also retain copies of your Personal Data for disaster recovery purposes, to prevent fraud or future abuse, or for our legitimate business purposes.
9. Information Security. The security of your information is important to us. We use reasonable administrative, technical, and physical procedures, practices, and safeguards designed to protect personal information we collect from unauthorized access, use, alteration, exfiltration, or destruction. Although we work hard to ensure the integrity and security of our systems, it must be recognized that no information system is 100% secure and, therefore, we cannot guarantee the security of such information. Outages, attacks, human error, system failure, unauthorized use, or other factors may compromise the security of user information at any time.
10. International Users. The Services are hosted in the United States and are intended for and directed to users in the United States. If you are a user accessing the Services from the European Union, Asia, or any other region with laws or regulations governing Personal Data collection, use, and disclosure that differ from United States laws, please be advised that through your continued use of the Services, which are governed by U.S. law, this notice and our other policies that govern your use of the Services, you are transferring your Personal Data to the United States and you consent to that transfer. The Services are not intended to subject us to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country, or territory other than those of the United States. Your Personal Data may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers and, by using the Services, you consent to the transfer of information to countries outside of your country of residence, including the United States, which may have different data protection rules than those of your country.
12. Children’s Information. The Services are directed to individuals at the age of 18 and over. We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from individuals under the age of 18. If we become aware of individuals who have provided us with Personal Data and are under the age of 18, we will take steps to deactivate the account and delete the Personal Data. If you become aware of information from individuals under the age of 18 which has been provided to us, please contact us in accordance with the “Contact Us” section below.